No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS)
THE NO INTEREST LOAN SCHEME
Safe, fair and affordable loans for people on low incomes
The No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) provides individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit.
Loans are available for up to $1,500 (but can be less depnding on personal circumstances). Repayments are set up at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months.
What are the loans for?
- Household items like fridges, washing machines, stoves, dryers, freezers and furniture
- Some medical and dental services
- Education essentials such as computers, printers, software etc
- Car registration and repairs
What are loans NOT for?
- The purchase of a car
- Rent (Iincluding arrears) and bonds
- Living expenses (bills, childcrae, clothing, food etc)
- Holidays, presents and cash
Am I eligilable?
- Have a current health/pension card
- Have resided in stable accomodation for a minimum of 3 months
- Can afford to repay the loan
- Wanting to borrow for an approved purpose
NILS Loan process
- Enquire - contact Cassandra on 4283 1693 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:00am to 2:00pm)
- Interview - download the document checklist here
- Loan assessment